With great pleasure I would like to inform you that the 2nd Issue (July – December Issue) of 2021 has already been published (Online & Print version). In this issue, we have 10 articles (Editorial – 1, Original Articles – 4, Case Reports – 3, Reflexion – 1 and Profile – 1). I thank the Authors who contributed for this Issue of Journal. I also thank the Editorial Board members, EC Members and all our Members for support.
You must be remembering that the First Issue (January – June, 2021) was published in scheduled time and was released by Prof. D.P. Baksi (The Chief Patron of our Journal) during Inaugural Function of WBOACON – 2021. It was a glorious moment for all of us.
As informed earlier, this Journal is continuation of Official Journal of WBOA in the name of International Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. It is semi-annual Journal, available in both versions (Online & Print). The website of the Journal is www.ijos.in and the Article submission site is https://review.jow.medknow.com/ijors with new platform / dashboard.
We have already got the ISSN Number for Online version (Online ISSN:2772-915X) and now working hard for ISSN Number for print version which is expected to be received in 1st week of January. We are also in a process for indexation of the Journal in DOAJ (recognized by NMC / MCI) and expected to get it done in coming days.
Now, the next Issue will be an Special issue on “Trochanteric Fracture” and expecting in March 2021. The Editorial Board is requesting each one of you to please contribute for this Special Issue by submitting articles (Original article, Review article, Case reports). Looking forward for support from all corners (Respected Seniors, Friends & My Dear Juniors).
At the end I assure you that Editorial Board of the Journal together with EC of WBOA will work hard and left no stone unturned to make this Journal Indexed.
Long live WBOA Journal, Long live WBOA.
Dr. Sanjay Keshkar
International Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dear esteemed members/WBOA,
I am pleased to inform you about the schedule of upcoming election of WBOA 2021-22 , to elect office bearers . The salient points are noted below-
1) Election process shall be mainly online process (e-voting) for all members upto 70 years of age.
3) It has been noticed that quite a number of members have not updated their official details like mailing address , e-mail ID, mobile phone number at WBOA office . They are requested to do it as early as possible . Last date for updating the same is 10/12/2021 .
4) Ballot papers for limited number of members (aged beyond 70 years and voluntarily opting for ballot paper voting only) shall be despatched from 7/12/2021.
5) Online voting shall be operational between 15/1/2021 to 30/1/2021. Voting link and details of voting procedure shall be sent to individual member's mobile number and e-mail ID.
6) Any query regarding voting can be mailed to election officer or by sms to 9831081323.
7) This is the first time in the history of WBOA , On line voting is going to be introduced. I need co-operation from all respected members.
The following posts are open for election procedure in 2021-22 -
1) PRESIDENT ELECT - 1 no
2)VICE PRESIDENT-1 no
3)SECRETARY -1 no
4)JOINT SECRETARY-1 no
5)TREASURER -1 no
6)EXECUTIVE COMMITTE MEMBERS -10 no
Interested members willing to tender their nominations for the above mentioned posts are requested to fill up the form at WBOA Office , for filing nomination, latest by 15/11/2021 (Wednesday) . Last date of withdrawal of Nomination is 30/11/2021
EACH MEMBER CAN APPLY FOR ONE POST ONLY.
DR CHANDAN PATHAK
ELECTION OFFICER WBOA 2021-22
PRESIDENT ELECT WBOA 2022-23
Mail -[email protected] Mobile 9831081323